Come and see the MUSEUM at our local Heritage Centre. See the history of this 15th Century farm house unfolding and explained. Old beams, masons marks, old fireplaces, windows that were blocked up to save paying the window tax, even a smidging of wallpaper from the 1950’s! The building has been carefully restored using traditional building skills to provide a vivid insight of how this historic house developed and has been adapted. Displays tell about the famous and mysterious Pendle Witches of the seventeenth century and of George Fox, whose vision on Pendle Hill inspired the international Quaker movement. Learn about the vernacular buildings of Pendle Forest and links to local abbeys.
Also explained is the history of the Bannister family, the original inhabitants of Park Hill, including its modern descendant, Sir Roger Bannister, the first athlete in the world to run a sub 4 minute mile! The main exhibitions are in the old part of the house which still evokes the atmosphere of the 17th century.
Why not also visit our Shop with its range of excellent historical books and treat yourself to lunch at the Cafe